Mastering means putting together the final record at the end of the production process, preparing it for duplication and distribution. The mastering engineer takes care of the transitions between songs on an album. He makes sure that the songs play well together and form a unit thus creating a cohesive listening experience. Mastering also makes sure that the album/EP/song translates well to various listening environments and stands up to other commercially released tracks. The result are songs that sound as good as they possibly can in any given situation and that’s exactly what you get when I master your tracks.
- Careful gain increase to reach a level that’s appropriate for the track
- Strategic EQ to take care of any imbalances the mix might have, to enhance it and to make it sit well with the other tracks on the album
- Tasteful compression to add some punch to the mix
- Multiband compression to balance the frequency spectrum
- Subtle effects like stereo widening or slight saturation
- Limiting if appropriate
- Taking care of fades and spacing between tracks
- Up to two revisions to make sure you get a master you are happy with
- Delivery of CD-quality .wav files (16 bit, 44.1 kHz) and high quality mp3s (320 kbps)
- Mastering will not magically transform a bad mix into a radio-ready song. It can only do so much and take care of minor problems in an otherwise good mix to enhance it in just the right ways.
- I will not push your music to loudness war standards since there are absolutely no benefits to this kind of loudness, compression, and limiting. If you are looking for someone to crush your songs I am not your guy but I will gladly answer any questions you might have concerning the loudness of your songs.
- At the moment I am unfortunately not able to deliver DDP images. However I’d be happy to work on a solution with you if you need those.
If you are absolutely unhappy with my master and don’t see it working out then I’ll be happy to give you a complete refund. No questions asked.
My pricing model for mastering is simple and straight forward.
$40 per song